Total Pageviews

Thursday 31 May 2012

Armin Van Buuren - Imagine LP


What is it?
Dutch uber DJ Armin Van Buuren unveils an album of trademark uplifting trancey dance floor monsters.

Why should you listen?

Sometimes I need this kind of stuff just to revive my brain from over exposure to too much shouty screamo, obscure world music or hardcore techno. Armin fits the bill perfectly with his semi-commercial branch of trance with just a twist of something a bit different. This is up-tempo easy listening music with a hint of indie guitar, classical music and a range of interesting vocalists.

What's it like?

It's like alka seltzer in musical form.

What's the best song?

"In and out of love" is a minor classic and one of my favourite dance tracks of the last few years.

Who does it sound like?

Early Perfecto, Ferry Corsten, BT.



3 comments:

  1. It does sound like it's from a different era. Where do I know it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. where have I listened to this before? somewhere...oh yes, it was on my youtube playlist. A track to listen to over and over in my opinion ( :

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest I'd forgoten how much I liked it. With the interest the post has created I'm guessing Armin Van Buuren is quite famous. Glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete