Total Pageviews

Monday 24 December 2012

EvlKeith's Festive 50 2012 (50-41)


And so we come to this year's Festive 50. These songs make up the soundtrack to what has been a really hard year at times. It is a bit of a struggle for me to listen to some of the tracks now, but that doesn't stop them from being great, despite many being freebies.
 
The same rules apply as for last year: one track per artist that I have to heard for the first time this year. If I've bought two albums by an artist then they're allowed two entries. Without further ado here we go:

50. Scared Of Girls - Placebo - Without You I'm Nothing
Placebo can normally be counted on to at least produce one good song per album. Shame that I'd already heard the one good song before ('Every You Every Me') so you get this useless track instead.


 
49. More Or Less - Small Brown Bike - Dead Reckoning
Boring average rock that borders on Blink 182 levels of blandness.


48. Trapped In the New Scene - Octoberman - Fortresses
I've got a suspicion that Doccortex might like this camp acoustic entry. 
 

47. Jeckyl And Hyde - The Nerve Agents - Days Of The White Owl
I bought this album based on the strength of another song I'd heard by them, but the album isn't that great.
 

 
46. Incredible - Joss Stone - Colour Me Free
I love the bit in this where her voice goes squeaky at the end of one of the lines.



45. Little Window - Beatbeat Whisper - Beatbeat Whisper
Another one for Doccortex, this must surely be one of the defining songs in the camp acoustic genre.
 

44. Reez Miez Stringz - Nachtwindheim - Schone Musik fur schone Menschen
For kazoo fans everywhere.
 

43. You Weren't Lyin' Saying You Were Mine - A City Serene - Spring Demos
This sounds like the sort of thing that niece of evlkeith might be into (especially by looking at the picture below), a tad too catchy for my liking, hence the low position. 


 
42. Call it Reckless - Scarlett O'Hara - EP 2009
Fairly average screamo type affair, but pleasant enough.




41. all my friends - the bilinda butchers - beko_cs01
Yet more camp acoustic but at least they're named after a proper pop celebrity this time.


evlkeith






2 comments:

  1. These have really grown on me. Here's the breakdown:

    50. Placebo - cracking song, never heard it before and love it - 9/10
    49. Small Brown Bike -ok - 5/10
    48. October Man - has grown on me big time 7/10
    47. Nerve Agents - I like it a lot 7/10
    46. Jos Stone - flick! 1/10
    45. Beat Beat Whisper - camp but rubbish - 3/10
    44. Reez Miez Stringz - Quality 10/10
    43. A City Serene - Another grower 7/10
    42. Scarlet O'Hara - Not convinced 3/10
    41. Belinda Butchers - Almost a flick 2/10

    That's 5/10 (505) likes...a good start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not too bad. Good to see that Reez Miez Stringz got a 10/10. I think I might buy myself a mustard coloured fur coat in their honour.

      Delete