Total Pageviews

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Evlkeith's Festive 50 2012 (10-1)


It's the moment the whole world has been waiting for: the final ten entries in this year's Festive 50. You'll feel like you've eaten a whole Ferrero Rocher pyramid after this lot.

10. Fall Of The All American - The Nerve Agents - Revelation Records Crash Course
I bought the album based on the strength of this great song. Shame the rest is pretty useless.



9. Killer - Obits - Moody, Standard And Poor
You can't beat a bit of Rick Froberg. Long may he continue making top pop tunes.


 
8. The Woods - Portugal. The Man - The Satanic Satanist
Some top slinky pop here from those cheeky lovers of random punctuation.


 
7. I Remember Your Scars - The Hepburns - Trojan Hearse
Top musical moment of this year: discovering that The Hepburns had continuing making music and had loads of albums that I could purchase in a buying frenzy.


 
6. Off Your Face - My Bloody Valentine - EP's 1988-1991
I'd heard loads of these before so I was limited to what I could choose from, but this is a cracker.


 
5. Black Bubblegum - The Dillinger Escape Plan - Ire Works
This is from a great album, I think I may be purchasing some more Dillinger next year...


 
4. Dead Don King - The Hepburns - The Last Thing I Saw Before I Said Goodbye
Hooray! More Hepburns goodness. I thought that this was about a dead donkey until I read the title. How I laughed.


3. Electric Girl - she - Electric Girl
Another stunning album and 'she' is yet again on top form. There are so many that I could have chosen but I plumped for the title track. Play loud.


 
2. Audition - Yourcodenameis:Milo - Ignoto
Album of the year in my book, despite the ropey middle tracks. Play loud.


 
1. Raped By Ape - Rocket from the Crypt - All Systems Go 2
An historic moment. This is the first time a group has received the coveted number one spot ('Come See, Come Saw' was a previous numero uno). It doesn't have the greatest start but when it kicks off, the ending builds and builds to a stunning climax. I hate songs that have the word monkey in the title. It seems that ape songs don't suffer a similar affliction. Play very loud.


evlkeith

1 comment:

  1. 10. The Nerve Agents - Quite like. 6/10
    9. The Obits - Not his best but Rickie is great! 7/10
    8. Portugal, The Man! - Against my better judgement I really like this squeakster. 8/10
    7. The Heburns - Laid back. 7/10
    6. MBV - Bored again. 3/10
    5. Dillinger Escape Plan - Don't dislike it. 5/10
    4. The Hepburns - Quality but I wish it was a dead donkey. 9/10
    3. She - Really like this one too! 9/10
    2. Your codename in Milo - Hit and miss 5/10
    1. Rocket from the Crypt - Liked it at first, but the affection soon wore off. 4/10

    That's another 5 big likes 50%

    ReplyDelete