Everyone has a few musical guilty secrets hidden away in their playlists and at Into the Valley we are no different. I have a playlist on my YouTube account called 'Retro' that serves as a stockpile of old songs I know I shouldn't like. I kid myself that these are there for posterity and for my chronically underdeveloped sense of nostalgia. Here we present my current top 10 cheesy, unfashionable and forgotten tracks. Enjoy as much as you can!
10. Sixpence the Richer - Kiss Me
9. The Firm - Arthur Daley...E's Alright
8. Fuzzbox - Rules and Regulations
7. Gotye - Somebody that I used to Know
How well has Kimbra done though? Since her mention in the League of Quirky Female Singers she's gone from strength to strength. Surely she owes us an interview? At least.
6. Altered Images - I Could be Happy
5. Florence and the Machine - Drumming Song
And now I think she's the greatest thing since sliced bread and I have a sneaky listen to this song almost everyday. She's one hell of a mover too.
4. Melanie C - I Turn to You
3. Bacarra - Yeas Sir I Can Boogie
2. The Dooleys - Wanted
1. Coast to Coast - Do the Hucklebuck