Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 May 2011

The Ramones - Anthology 2001

When daughter of Doccortex left her brand new copy of the Ramones Anthology lying around I quickly snaffled it, copied it and wondered if they would be as good as I remembered. Not the biggest Ramones fan in the 80's I was surprised by the range of songs that were on offer; from the Mission-esque 'Garden of Serenity' to the standard punk of 'Endless Vacation' to the surf rock of 'She's the One.' Many bands of the modern era owe a major vote of thanks to the Ramones; step forward the Jesus and Mary Chain. All the famous ones are great too; 'Blitzkrieg Bop', 'Sheena' and 'Baby I love you,' but my one quibble is where is my personal favourite 'Danger Zone?' Anyway this is a good value, comprehensive compilation from a great band who I should have taken a great deal more notice of in their heyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment