40. Trentmoller - Even though you're with another girl
The best of a lacklustre bunch from the album 'Into the Great Wide Yonder'; all very cinematic but not a patch on his previous efforts.
39. Azari & III - Tunnel Vision
Old school LFO style techno lifted from the Rough Trade Counter Culture compilation.
38. Omara Portuondo - Ti Dije Quedate
The standout track from Cafe Cuba and the only one with any singalonability value.
37. The Fall - Bury
Mark E Smith's hardy perennials return with the standard issue rocking Fall track; '...composition on a fluted instrument' the highlight.
36. Grimes - Oblivion
The least dirgy song from the high pitched, helium voiced elf's 'Visions' album.
35. Panic at the Disco - The Ballad of Mona Lisa
Substandard action from former Into the Valley favourites, but proof that it's not all wilfully obscure stuff.
34. Ojos de Brujo - Ventilator R-80
Finally an Ojos de Brujo song that has something going for it, even the irritating 'rapping' at the end doesn't spoil it.
33. Daughter - Youth
Quality dark folk discovered by Daughter of Doccortex.
32. Laura Cantrell - One by One
Laura Cantrell breathes life into some proper old school country music from the legendary Kitty Wells.
31. Xeno & Oaklander - Corrupt
Scary coldwave style synth-pop from New York's premium protagonists.