Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 January 2013

The Hepburns - The Last Thing I Saw Before I Said Goodbye

 

At the end of the eighties, a little known gem of an album appeared, 'The Magic Of The Hepburns'. Apart from a couple of singles and an unreleased album ('Road Movie' that The Hepburns sent me on cassette - just sense that smug little self-satisfied grin) they dropped off the radar, well, not that they were ever on it really.

From time to time, I look up groups that I used to like. Nine times out of ten, you can't find them anywhere on the internet or they've done nothing else (indie popsters Bob spring to mind). But this one time, this one time, I completely geeked out because the Welsh Wonders have been busy beavering away on album after album. I instantly bought all of them and with baited breath waited for my first new instalment of Hepburns magic. Feel the sparkle.

It was well worth the wait. 'The Last Thing I Saw Before I Said Goodbye' is another classic album. The best way to enjoy it is to don your blouson style jacket (tan never black), pour yourself a martini and settle back for some John Barry, Ennio Morricone, Burt Bacharach inspired pop tunes. One of them wouldn't be out of place as a club style song on 'Shooting Stars'. Even the little booklet that comes with the CD is funny, with a quality comparison of afros and german helmet haircuts. Excellent stuff.

evlkeith



No comments:

Post a Comment