Total Pageviews

Tuesday 14 February 2012

35. The Blofelds - The Dog is Dead



From Throb Records came the mysterious Blofelds. Never has there been a greater travesty of justice that the Blofelds were allowed to depart the indie universe only leaving (apparently) one classic single. And what more can you say? Little on Youtube, no Wikipedia entry, did I imagine the whole thing? I even had to figure out how to put it on Youtube myself, hence the vinyl hiss at the start of the track.

Well, as I'm currently holding the seven inch single of 'The Dog is Dead' I'm guessing the band were a real entity, but apart from that I know nothing. I can't even remember why or where I bought the record, but I'm so glad I did.

It's a whirlwind ride of twangy guitars, banging drums and understated vocals. A great ending too. It should have been number one in the charts, but quite clearly it never got the exposure it deserved. That is until now, because The Blofelds occupy that all important number 35 spot in my all time chart.



No comments:

Post a Comment