Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 May 2012

Sparta - Wiretap Scars



At The Drive In.

But just the boring ones that you normally skip.

Job done.

Okay, I'll tell you more. I keep having a little look in the CD case to see if there is any Omar and Cedric involvement because it sounds so much like ATDI (I am like so down with the kids and that). But no mention of the hairy fellows. Turns out, from further research that Sparta = ATDI - (Omar + Cedric). That explains it. Why did they decide to copy all of the dull ones then?

This is being a tad harsh because there are a few good tracks on there. They are on the gentler side of things, with 'Echodyne Harmonic' even containing a bit of piano. Oo fancy. The other standout track is 'Catarac' which has a top sing-a-long chorus. More shout-a-long really. These songs perfectly fitted the mood as I drove out of Sheffield on a gorgeous sunny day. Played loud obviously. I mean at a suitable volume, Officer.

Even though Sparta are a pale imitation of ATDI, I can't help quite enjoying this album on the whole. Maybe I'm mellowing in my old age. Now where's that 'Converge' album...

evlkeith

No comments:

Post a Comment